Below are my answers for lesson one. Let me say upfront that I don't claim to have the best answers, so if you have a different interpretation, please explain.
Lesson 1:
1. What does the name Abram mean?
Answer: High Father.
2. Why do you think God told Abram to leave his country, get away
from his kin and his father's house?
Answer: See Joshua 24:2
3. What three promises did God make to Abram?
Answer: I will make thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great.
4. The three promises that God makes are contingent on Abram doing
something first. What must Abram do first?
Answer: See question number 3.
5. How old was Abram when he departed out of Haran?
Answer: 75 years old.
6. Why did Abram go down into Egypt?
Answer: To escape a famine
7. Even though Abram was a man called by God and obviously
obedient, what do we learn about him in verses 11 - 13?
Answer: He was subject to doubt and therefore inclined to try to handle things in
his own way. (Is anyone reading this blog like Abraham?)
No comments:
Post a Comment